Thursday, November 11, 2010

Skyline Library

Guest post of the week by Jeffry Warren

I started attending Skyline College this fall. Since I'm easily distracted by the television set, my roommates and I prefer to head over to the library to study for quizzes and tests. Unless one of us decides not to go, we always set the home security alarm (online offer adt San Jose) up before departing for the campus library. One thing I noticed immediately about the library over at Skyline College is smaller than most. It encompasses only one floor and the computer area comprises less than 20 computers. Curiously, the other floors all seem to be classrooms for which I nor my friends have ever had a class in.

Regardless, we usually head into one of the five study rooms to commence our work. While laptops are allowed, I try not to bring mine unless it is absolutely necessary because I don't want to spend my time browsing through the latest sports scores or something like that. Usually if I really need to check my e-mail for an assignment or something, I can just use one of the computers at the library. All that is required to use the computer is to enter your student ID and your school PIN number. So far what I like best about the study rooms here are that they allow you to bring food. For whatever reason, I get tired incredibly fast unless I have something to munch on while I study.

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: