Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Refreshing Trip Home

Thanks for the article from Phillip Weaver

I've been living on my own now for about four years. It's been tough adjusting to living away from home and dealing with the responsibility that comes with being an adult. Often, I find myself feeling too worn out to go out with my friends. One thing that re-energizes me is going back home to visit my family on Thanksgiving. Now that we're in November, I'm definitely eager to get back home and be surrounded by loved ones. As usual, I bought my ticket home weeks in advance. I've even got most of my packing done already. All I pretty much have to do is remember to set my home security alarm from AllHomeSecurity.com before I leave.

I'm looking forward to seeing my entire family, but I'm especially eager to see my brother who will be visiting from his job in England this year. I know my parents will probably have something special planned to welcome him home. The last two years he's had to join us via Skype, so it will be nice to have him there in person and give him a big fat hug. I'm also looking forward to spending some time with my childhood friends Marissa and Laura as I haven't seen them in over a year and so I made plans to go shopping with the two of them the day before Thanksgiving.
I have been paid for this guest post.

No comments: