Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No More Blues

Guest written by our friend Trent Horton

There are no more blues being sung in St. Louis, that's for sure, not with the kind of defense not seen since the Great Wall of China kept out a bunch of thieving Mongolians. No sir, the St. Louis Blues don't even allow shots on goal, that's how stout their ramparts are. We're talking the fewest shots total in the NHL. And even if some lucky puck shot were to get through, guess what happens next. That's right, red hot and burning goalie Jaroslay Halak, that's Halak with one L and a thousand invisible but not silent W's, is stopping everything in his way like a punctuated period. That is how Halak rolls, and when the Sharks and Bruins come to town he is going to shut them down too.

So confident that we are on the way straight to drinking beer out of Lord Stanley's mug that I have signed up for NHL Center Ice with my basic package I get from direct tv dvr packages. Normally I am content to catch the game on internet streams, but now that I've got a high definition TV, only the highest picture quality will do. Now I watch my defense bring the pain and real folk blues to all the suckers in the NHL every night from the comfort of my couch and overweight dog which I occasionally use as a seat cushion.

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: