Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Mums day out at the County Fair

Thanks for the post from Irving Ayala

Every year I take my elderly mother to the local county fair. We both love going there because the atmosphere is so friendly and there is just so much to do. My mother knits, so she takes along a few knitted scarves and jumpers and gives them to a charity stall, I think it's her way of paying back the community for all the love and care she has received from them.

My mum loves to watch the bull riding, grown men pitted against beast, of course the bull always wins as the riders can never stay on long, but it is all fun. I like to watch the sheep sheering contests, seeing who can sheer a sheep the fastest, no real prizes, just the honour of being the fastest sheerer in town. Many of the prizes for some of the contests this year are baby pigs, but I have nowhere to put one, and that is my excuse for not entering the talent contest. My mum wanted to enter the singing contest, but I could not be that cruel to anybody with hearing, so I told her not to. We turned around and began to head home, my mums favourite programme is on direct tv tonight, and there way no way that she was going to miss it.

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: