Saturday, August 25, 2007

Apples

We have one apple tree in our back yard. Some years we have had great numbers of good apples and others not so good. This year is one of those good years. I raked up some damaged apples tonight before I mowed the grass. I would imagine there were at least one hundred on the ground. As I looked up into the tree I saw hundreds more that need to come down. I don't know what kind of apples they are but they are the crisp ones that make great pie. I like to make pies but I don't need an over abundance of them. I sometimes go to the store and buy five or six apples for a pie. Right now I have plenty on the tree so I don't need the store's apples. In the past I have given away as many as three or four grocery sacks full of good apples. I have also gotten rid of pickup loads of bad apples. I hope that in a year or so the area that the tree is now taking up will be home for a garage.

No comments: