Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Real Jersey Shore

Written by my friend Teodoro Martin

One night, while watching my new setup from www.BestChoiceTV.com, I saw a program entitled "Jersey Shore." I should be honest. The people on that show disgusted me to the fullest way somebody could ever be disgusted. Basically, the program depicts a bunch of drunken idiots as the cruise the boardwalk, beach, and bars in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. They get into trouble. They get into fights. Then, they talk about it! As if they are sports commentators on their own stupid lives. Yet, I kept watching. Was it Snooki? Or, The Situation, and whatever situation he was situating? No, I remained interested because of the surroundings. I have lived most of my life in Trenton, New Jersey. It took watching those morons on satelite TV to know I hadn't experienced all that Jersey had to offer. So, my next day off, I jumped in my car and drove to Seaside.

Seaside Heights is nothing "Jersey Shore" depicts. If you forget all the booze, rides and rollercoasters, it is mostly just a beach community. The boardwalk is nothing but a tourist trap; there to bring in tourists and sap them of their on-hand cash. As for the beach community, many people live there year round. They can't wait till autumn, when all the tourists, and more importantly, the "Jersey Shore" production crew, goes home. I respect that.

"I was paid for this guest post."

No comments: