Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Game time in the kitchen

Guest post written by Lawrence Todd

Some people probably think I'm crazy because I work in a frat house as a cook. But I like what I do for a living. It gets a little more exciting though when it's the day of a home football game because we invite the brothers' parents to the house for a meal before the game and a tailgating event.

That means there are so many more people I have to cook for and the kitchen can get really rowdy no matter how many people are in there and how much planning we do before it.

On the day of the season opener we went with a really simple menu of classic hamburgers and hot dogs with sweet potato fries and an assortment of pies for dessert. But our pastry chef was out sick that day so some other people had to pick up the slack on making the pies and were yelling at me across the kitchen. I couldn't hear most of what they were saying so it was taking me longer to do my duties to help them out. It worked out in the end but after everything said and done I looked at hearing aids reviews and bought some and am ready for next game day.

**I was paid for this guest post.**

No comments: