Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trick or Treating

The Author of this post is Solomon Dejesus

Halloween this year is going to be an adventure of first experiences. My son is six and this is his first year to carve pumpkins. He already has his carving templates picked out and cannot wait until the Saturday before Halloween. Traditionally, I always carve the pumpkins the day before. My goal is to never skimp on the details and always try to have the most detailed and creative pumpkins on my block. This is also my son's first year of school, so he is extremely excited to dress up in his chosen costume and roam the neighborhood of schoolmates collecting all the candy in the land. We've recently moved to a new neighborhood and there are several hundred kids, so we will also be stocking up on as much candy as possible to pass out to the hungry hoard of ghouls, ghosts and comic book characters. I am almost as excited as my son for Halloween this year and cannot wait to see what the neighborhood looks like all dressed up. We have several streets to roam as the neighborhood we are in is away from any major streets. Safety first is always our motto. When our feet are sore and our candy bags are full, we will come home and turn on the Direc4u TV to watch all the Halloween specials.

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: