Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Puppy Training


I have been in conversations as of late that were about puppy training. I am no pro on the subject, but find it interesting. We have a seven year old Bichon who was very easy to potty train. I could count on one hand how many accidence she had in our home. We were told early on that a "bell" system could come in handy. We hung a bell by a string on the door that our dog goes out. We showed her how to bat at it so that we could hear her and quickly take her outside. She learned fast and she still uses it. I'm thankful that it was fairly easy to train her. I’d read a shocking statistic that the #1 reason a dog ends up in a shelter was because of housebreaking problems. I'm glad that Zoe didn't end up one of those statistics. There is a lot of information available now on line. Don't let your pet become a statistic.

No comments: