Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Canker Sore

Do any of you out there get canker sores? I sure do. I can have as many as 6 or 7 at a time. They can be very painful and last for up to two weeks. They say that the cause may be due to stress or acidic foods. I'm not really sure, but I would like to find the reason for mine. People try all kinds of remedies. You can apply a paste of baking soda, use orajel,anbesol or other topicals. They do help sooth the discomfort. I guess I just try what ever might help.

1 comment:

LynnW said...

I have been getting canker sores my entire life, so badly that they really have a negative effect on my life. After going to doctor after doctor, a new dentist sent me to a dermatologist and he put me on a drug called Trentnal (the generic version of it.) My canker sore issue is not completely gone, but much much much better.
Another issue with canker sores is that you may be allergic to the sodium laryl sulfate in the toothpaste. I now use just a paste of baking soda and peroxide to brush my teeth with, and that helps also.