Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Turkey Trot

Posted by Heriberto Fuentes

Last year, I started somewhat of a Thanksgiving tradition; at least I would like for it to become one. Most cities host a Thanksgiving Day road race that varies in distance. My city’s is called the Turkey Trot and it is an 8k, which is about 5 miles. I found out about the race through an email I received while I was checking out expertsatellite.com. This all started last year because it made me feel better about eating all of that good food if I woke up and ran first. Since it’s much easier to run with a group of people, this was the perfect solution. An added bonus is that it decreased the time I had to spend at my boyfriend’s mother’s house for Thanksgiving. I guess I started this tradition with my friend Erin, who ran it with me last year and is doing the same this year. She doesn’t have to travel for Thanksgiving, so it’s a no brainer for her. I wasn’t sure if my mom would go for me arriving midday, but surprisingly she did.

No comments: