Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spider Veins

I did know that I had varicose veins. However, I did not realize all the problems they can cause. Also I did not know that many of the very symptoms I have are probably caused by my varicose veins, even though they are not visible to the naked eye. I always thought varicose veins were the unsightly huge bumps I saw on many other women's legs. Having spider veins, I was surprised to learn they were one of the many causes from my varicose veins and that this was actually a vein disease. I have worn special stockings for years because of muscle cramps and aching legs and knew that my sedentary desk job helped the vein disease along. I knew people who had the veins stripped and some with bad results. I even asked my doctor why my legs felt tired and heavy, only to be given very little information about varicose veins as a cause. I have heard of the new methods they have now of closing these veins without removing them and that sounds very good to me. If I could have this done and improve the circulation and do away with many of my symptoms, I would be quite happy. I need to look into this further.

No comments: