Monday, January 3, 2011

My Time Knitting

Guest post of the week by Bradley Guthrie

After years of wanting to try I finally decided to learn to knit. I can recall many different moments in my life were I watched people knitting and truly longed to be able to knit as well. My grandmother used to knit everyone in my family a scarf for Christmas. After moving to the city as an adult I have always used public transportation. It seems that there is inevitably someone knitting on the bus or on the train. But I had no one in my daily life that knew this skill. I was forced to learn on my own.

After a dizzying number of failed hours with knitting books I went scouring the internet. To my surprise there were an amazing amount of knitting resources on the internet. I was able to watch instructional videos which made the whole process make a lot more sense. Before I knew it I was knitting and purling like a professional. It was almost two years ago that I really got the hang of this craft and I have not been able to put down my needles since.

I love knitting because I can easily take the needles and yarn with me. Time that used to feel wasted is now so productive. I enjoy knitting on the train, at the park and even while watching my Dish TV.

"I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: