Thursday, September 11, 2008

Safer Prescribing By Healthcare Professionals

Are you someone who deals with headaches? If so, then like me, you know how miserable they can make you feel. Whether it be an Acute Headache or one you consider a migraine....they can have you in bed unable to do anything but sleep without feeling sick. The thing with headaches, is that there's just only so much you can do. You can take your prescribed medication, but after that it just takes time and rest.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I wonder how safe all of these medications are that I have been prescribed to take for my headaches. They're so strong! What gives me some comfort in the prescriptions given, is that more and more doctors (hopefully mine) are utilizing the new free online clinical solution from Epocrates where they can check for drug interactions, find information on risk factors, conditions, treatments and more. This has me more at peace knowing that they have all of this information right at their fingertips! The result of this wonderful technology is safer prescribing and more confident diagnosis which is great!

If you've never heard of Epocrates, or their online resource, you can learn more about it on their site today! I strongly recommend it, as it's something every healthcare professional should be aware of and using. The best part is, it's a free resource too!! So what are you waiting for? Head over there today and see what you think!

This announcement was paid for by Epocrates.

No comments: