Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cutting expenses

This guest post from Werner Rogers

My husband is a teacher in our local high school. The economy has been so bad lately, and it has affected a lot of people and businesses. In the latest faculty meeting at my husband’s school, he told me that they said they were going to have to lose seven teachers next year. They have four that are retiring so I am guessing that those will not be replaced. He has been there long enough that he is not in danger of losing his job. But he did say that there would continue to be mandatory furlough days where the teachers would have a day off from school on certain days and would not get paid for those days. So he said we need to be more frugal at home with our expenses. He said he was going to find cheaper ways of getting our utilities and would shop for a cheaper electrical company through www.shopelectricityratestexas.com//texas-electricity-companies/Texas/V/Verhalen/. Boy I hope our economy starts turning around for the better soon. I don’t know how much longer we can keep going like this.

No comments: