Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Family Valentine

Thanks for the post from Nora Mccoy

Valentine’s Day is not far away and I’m already planning for the special day. It’s tough on a budget so I’ve been thinking about what we can do at our house that is not only money conscious but includes the whole family. My plan right now is to cook a nice dinner and serve it on our good china in the dining room—it will be like eating out at a fraction of the cost! We rarely use our good china for the adults and I don’t think the kids have ever eaten of it so it should be a real treat. I’ve started looking for recipes and am looking for something fancier than our everyday fair but easy to make. I already have all the ingredients for our family’s favorite flourless chocolate cake. It’s one thing I make maybe once a year that isn’t that hard just time consuming. After our fabulous fancy dinner, I’m hoping there will be a good movie on directtv that the family can watch together. I’m looking forward to it already!

No comments: